Monday, January 11, 2016

Episodes #233 & #234 - Mexico pavillion



Overview: Today's podcast is a tribute to the Mexico pavilion. I take a thorough look at the design, layout, theming, and talk about the ride contained inside. Then, I spend some time talking about shopping and dining. And finally I discuss the original attraction, El Rio Del Tiempo. Come take a listen to the tale about this fascinating opening-day Epcot pavilion.  

Notes: In the past, I have referred to the pyramid found in Mexico as the Chichinitza. While it does appear similar in style, the pyramid in Epcot's Mexico is not that. Ir is a Mesoamerican pyramid based on an Aztec design. I'll refer to it correctly from now on.

Also, the exhibit I mention that is in the entry way does change from time to time. My understanding is that it recently changed to a different part of Mexican heritage, but it was animales fantasticos when I created this podcast. Also, the Kidcot station has been in the house in the back and at times you can find it in the exhibition area.


  • A reminder that the general overview of Epcot's World Showcase is in podcast #208
  • I explored the Japan pavilion in podcast #209
  • and the Germany pavilion in Podcast #216
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment