Friday, July 13, 2012

Episode #103 - Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom

On today's podcast, I am in the Magic Kingdom, checking out the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. Its a fun, interactive experience. Join me as I describe the experience, how it works, and set out to save the kingdom!

First things first. I play part of an interview that Rick Brigante did with Imagineer Jonathan Ackley. I provide it for context, but want to give full credit to Rick. You should visit his site and check out his work. He provides a thorough look at all things Disney... Inside the Magic

Now I will admit, I didn't love this.  I liked it, but I didn't feel like it was enough - since you stand on a pad and wave a card and get sent to the next destination.  While the animation is great and its entertaining, I just found that it wasn't as interactive as I would like, and it took away from other things I wanted to do.  I have more fun looking for Hidden Mickeys!!

But if you want to spend a little of your trip checking it out, its worth admiring the technology and the animation!  And you can always stop at any point and pick it up later - or another day or even another trip!



Here is the map and guide the give you:



And the cards:


And here is one of the portals on, and off (you might never know its there):

No comments:

Post a Comment